Wednesday, October 6, 2010

jQueryTOOLS TOOLTIP

I was putting together a quick prototype, and decided to use jQueryTOOLS TOOLTIP. I had been looking around at different jQuery plugins the week prior and was impressed by their demo; it looks great. The good thing about the the jQueryTOOLS TOOLTIP is it is very configurable; read, "it does not look like it does in the demo out of the box so I hope you have a good graphics artist". For something as simple as a tooltip, it was also a little bit difficult to get working properly.

When I tried to use it for my table rows it was a bit choppy when you moused over, also if I did not set the "tip" option, it turned my row into the tooltip (after tearing the row out of the table permanently). For something as simple as a tooltip, if I was looking for a high level of configuration I would just make it myself; I want simple and works within seconds. I will not be using jQueryTOOLS TOOLTIP in any production applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment