Thursday, July 8, 2010

Problems with Telerick RadGrids inside a dynamic element?

I was working on a drag and drop system yesterday, but I had some problems in Firefox. When containers resized, the Telerick RadGrids inside of them would overflow instead of resizing properly like they do in IE8 (weird I know) and Chrome.

My first attempt at a work around was to allow dynamic resizing in the server-side RadGrid options. This was effective; however, it had the unfortunate, but not completely unexpected side-effect of allowing users to resize and distort the grid. Although, the main benefit of trying this fix was examining the resulting DOM and discovering an more effective solution:
<MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed" />
When the table-layout style attribute of the table is changed from "auto" to "fixed" the problem seems to disappear.

It would not surprise me if there was a better solution to the problem out there; I can't claim to be an expert with Telerick controls. All the same, I hope someone finds the information in this post helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment